Benefits of Playing Chess
Besides being a great game that is easy to learn and fun to play, did you know that playing chess is considered to be very beneficial to your mind and well-being?
This is because, through playing this game, you learn many skills and techniques that can also be applied in many other aspects of your daily life....
1) Teaches you to take responsibility for your actions; this encourages you to have patience, to think before you act, to plan ahead and to try and predict the consequences of your actions.
2) Trains you to analyze and weigh-up all the various factors associated with any given situation and then to make a final decision based upon the result of your analysis.
3) Trains you to cope and work well under pressure and to hold your nerve.
4) Enhances your problem-solving and analytical skills.
5) Encourages you to explore new ideas, to be inventive and creative, and to use your imagination.
6) Improves your memory and pattern-recognition skills.
7) Also improves many other mental capacities such as concentration, visualization, organization, logical and abstract reasoning, and critical thinking.
8) Encourages self-improvement as there is always more knowledge to acquire and new skills to be learnt.
9) Teaches you to win graciously and to learn from your mistakes when defeated.
And, of course, winning at chess improves your self-confidence and self-esteem and gives you a great sense of achievement when you outwit your opponent.
Finally, this is a cheap game! Compared with the cost of many of the latest and greatest computer games, which rarely have a life-span of more than a couple of months, it costs almost nothing to play chess and it is a game you will enjoy for the rest of your life.
Stanislav Komsky is an expert consultant for board games, chess boards, and dungeons and dragons miniatures and a writer who takes time out to write articles in his spare time, where he'll help you pick out the perfect chess set. Stanislav Komsky will help you select something special from a huge selection of unique chess sets, chess boards and collectible themed chess pieces.
For more reading, please click here
We just sent you an email. Please click the link in the email to confirm your subscription!
OKSubscriptions powered by Strikingly